Kagero have their finger tightly on the pulse with their January releases - we think that the modellers out there will put these to good use - painted ladies on Pacific Lightnings to match the Eduard kit, A new B-17 book and decals to go with your HK Fortress, some captured German vehicles in Allied hands and two of the more popular warships from Japan and the RN. These look like they will find homes easily!
Kagero publishing’s new releases January 2014
Five new books will be published by Kagero in January 2014. The following titles will be available after 17th January:
Maciej Góralczyk, Andrzej Sadło
Two decal sheets with 1:72, 1:48 and 1:32 individual markings for 8 P-38 Lightnings with sexy nose art. The decal sheets were printed by Cartograf. Each painting scheme is depicted on beautifully drawn 4-view colour profiles and described in the 18 page guidebook with English and Polish text. The authors selected the following aircraft:
- P-38G-15-LO; s/n 43-2384, coded 'I' of 80th FS / 8th FG, Dobodura, New Guinea, autumn 1943,
- P-38E-LO; s/n 41-2221, 'Spirit of 76', coded '76', flown by 2nd Lt. John S. Mackey of 54th FS / 343rd FG, Attu, Aleutian Islands, winter of 1943/1944,
- P-38L-5-LO, s/n 44-27132, 'Ready Maid', coded 'M', flown by Capt. Phil McLain of 36th FS / 8th FG, San Jose, Mindoro, the Philippines, spring 1945,
- P-38L-5-LO, probable s/n 44-25133, 'Peck’s Bad Girl', coded 'V', flown by 2nd Lt. Charles I. Peck of 36th FS / 8th FG, San Jose, Mindoro, the Philippines, spring 1945,
- P-38L-5-LO; s/n 44-26302, 'Hazel', coded '413', flown by 1st Lt. Warren E. ‘Whip’ Whipple of 44th FS / 18th FG, the Philippines, summer 1945,
- P-38L-5-LO, s/n unknown, 'Glamour Puss II', coded 'L', flown by 1st Lt. Chester L. Schachterle of 80th FS / 8th FG, Ie Shima, Ryukyu Islands, August 1945,
- P-38L-5-LO, probable s/n 44-25161, 'Wishful Thinking', coded 'N', flown by Lt. Royce H. Hendrickson of 36th FS / 8th FG, Ie Shima, Ryukyu Islands, August 1945,
- P-38L-5-LO, s/n 44-26412, 'Shady’s Lady', coded 'P', flown by 1st Lt. William R. Pruner of 80th FS / 8th FG, Ie Shima, Ryukyu Islands, August 1945.
Available in preorder in Kagero’s webshop: http://shop.kagero.pl/en/pacific-lightnings-part-i.html
The B-17 Flying Fortress epitomized the American airpower for most of the Second World War. It was by far the most effective weapon to carry out the strategic, daylight bombing campaign in Europe. The battles fought by B-17 crews during raids on such tough targets as Schweinfurt, Berlin or Ploesti were nothing short of epic. The combined effort of the two US Army Air Forces, 8th and 15th, stationed in England and Italy respectively, eventually denied the enemy the means to wage war and sealed the fate of the European Axis powers and their allies.
This 92 page book includes 130 b&w and 11 colour archive photos, colour profiles of 6 aircraft, as well as a decal sheet printed by Cartograf which contains 1:32 and 1:72 individual markings for the following planes:
- B-17G-25-BO; s/n 42-31678, 'Little Patches', coded 'LL-L' of 401st BS / 91st BG,
- B-17F-50-BO; s/n 42-5360, 'Old Faithful', coded 'VK-N' of 358th BS / 303rd BG.
Available in preorder in Kagero’s webshop: http://shop.kagero.pl/en/08-b17-flying-fortress-in-combat-over-europe.html
Marek Jaszczołt, Arkadiusz Wróbel
A big decal sheet with 1:72, 1:48 and 1:35 markings for no less than 16 German armored fighting vehicles captured by Allied troops and used against their former owners. The decal sheet was printed by Cartograf. Each painting scheme is depicted on beautifully drawn colour profile and described in the 18 page guidebook with English and Polish text. The authors selected the following vehicles:
- Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. F of the 1st Ranger Battalion, Tunisia, spring 1943,
- Sd.Kfz. 222 of No. 2 ACC, North Africa, 1943,
- Jagdpanzer 38(t) „Chwat”, Warsaw, Poland, August 1944,
- Pz.Kpfw. V Panther Ausf. A of 1er bataillon AS de l’Ain, Méximieux, France, September 1944,
- 15cm Panzerwerfer 42 auf Selbstfahrlafette Sd.Kfz. 4/1 of 1er G.M.R., Saint-Nazaire area, France, October 1944,
- Pz.Kpfw. V Panther Ausf. G of the 4th Battalion Coldstream Guards, the Netherlands, winter 1944/1945,
- Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H/J of l'Escadron Autonome de Chars Besnier, Saint-Nazaire area, France, February-March 1945,
- Sd.Kfz. 251/8 Ausf. D of an unidentified U.S. Army unit, Germany, 1945,
- Pz.Kpfw. V Panther Ausf. G of the 366th Self-Propelled Artillery Regiment, Hungary, March 1945.
- Panzerbefehlswagen Panther Ausf. G of l'Escadron Autonome de Chars Besnier, Saint-Nazaire area, France, March-May 1945,
- Sd.Kfz. 251/7 Ausf. D of the 153rd Field Regiment RA, Guards Armoured Division, Germany, 1945,
- Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf. D “Řevnice 5”, Prague area, Czech Territory, May 1945,
- Sd.Kfz. 250 Ausf. A, Prague, Czech Territory, May 1945,
- Sturmgeschütz III Ausf. G of the 5th Independent Self-Propelled Artillery Squadron, 6th Infantry Division, Poland, May 1945,
- Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. J of the 5th Independent Self-Propelled Artillery Squadron, 6th Infantry Division, Poland, May 1945.
Available in preorder in Kagero’s webshop: http://shop.kagero.pl/en/captured-panzers-german-vehiclesin-allied-service.html
Janusz Skulski, Andrzej Sobucki, Waldemar Góralski
A4 size, 92 pages, 140 colour 3D renders, 1 double A1 sheet of scale drawings.
Available in preorder in Kagero’s webshop: http://shop.kagero.pl/en/26-japanese-heavy-cruiser-takao-1937-y1943.html
A4 size, scale drawings, colour profiles, double A2 sheet with colour scheme, double B2 sheet with colour scheme.
Available in pre-order in Kagero’s webshop: http://shop.kagero.pl/en/the-british-battleship-hms-warspite.html
All books are available to pre-order from the Kagero site but they are now available from their distributors Casemate Publishing and MMD Squadron as well as other retailers in various countries.