Tuesday, April 8

Revell has some tasty kits rocketing their way to you this month

Revell of Germany has several new very nice looking models coming out in April – We have got the Space shuttle to review already but we thought we would show you a preview of it and all the other items Revell OF Germany has coming to your local hobby shop this month.

Revell New Items April 2014

1/72nd scale
The T-90 is the most advanced Main Battle Tank in the Russian Army. The 125 mm smooth-bore gun fires classic types of ammunition as well as guided missiles. The second generation T-90A has been in production since 1999. The biggest distinguishing features when compared to the original T-90 are the new track end links, the welded turret and the engine. The low silhouette, explosive reactive armour and the TShU-1-1 Schtora self-protection system ensure a high level of protection. The latter is an incoming missile decoy system. In addition to the Russian Army (T-90A), Algeria and Azerbaijan use the T-90SA export variant.
- New track link pins
- Welded Turret
- Optional T-90A or T90SA
- Fine surface details
- Two-piece track which bends
- Smoke grenade discharger
- Authentic 12.7 mm NSV MG
- Reactive armour
- TSchU-1 Schtora-1
- Rotating turret
- Hatches can be shown open
Decals for 4 variants:
- T-90SA, 8th Armoured Division, People's National Army, Sisi BelAbbes, Algeria, 2013
- T-90SA, 4th Baku Army Corps, Azerbaijani Armed Forces, Absheron Peninsula, Azerbaijan, 2013
- T-90A, 5th Guards Tamansker, Independent Motorized Rifle Brigade, Kyakhta, Siberian Military District, Russia, 2009
- T-90A, 20th Guards Independent Motorized Rifle Brigade, Volgograd, North Caucasus Military District, Russia, 2010


1:144
The Kennedy Space Centre in Florida containing Launch Complex 39 is the largest and most famous Space Centre in the Western World. It is located within a Nature Reserve at Cape Canaveral and provides more facilities than just a launch platform. A new era of space transportation arose with the use of Space Shuttle technology which allowed a variety of payloads to be economically carried into orbit. The U.S. National Aeronautical and Space Agency (NASA ) operates Launch Complex 39 at the northern end of Cape Canaveral within the grounds of the John F. Kennedy Space Centre (KSC). It has two identical Launch Pads, LC-39A and LC-39B. Nearly all of NASA's manned Space Flight Missions were launched from here using Saturn rockets. After the Apollo program was concluded the facilities were converted in order to support the Space Shuttle program between 1981 and 2011. 
On both reinforced concrete launch pads stand the 81 meter high steel supply towers with all necessary cables, cranes, stairs, elevators and a horizontal swivel arm - the Rotating Service Structure (RSS). As soon as the Mobile Launch Platform (MLP) supporting the external tank, two boosters and the Orbiter mounted in its launch position is resting on the pillars of the launch pad, the RSS is rotated towards the Shuttle. It served to protect the Shuttle from the weather, to supply power, loading of the transport hold and final refueling. The Orbiter access hatch was accessed at a height of 45 meters above the launch pad from the RSS via a pivoting access arm. The Mobile Launch Platform holding with the Space Shuttle was moved from the assembly building to the launch site using a tracked transporter unit. The tracked transporter unit was propelled by two powerful 2,750 hp (2023 kW) diesel engines and reached an average speed of 1.6 km/h. Now the Space Shuttle Program has come to an end, these facilities are currently being rebuilt in order to launch future rockets.

Launch Tower:
- Detailed lattice construction
- Fixed supply unit with 12 working platforms
- Lighting gantry
- Moveable access arms for supply systems
- Moveable steel lattice gangway with the White Room for Astronaut access
- Rotatable hammer-head crane
- Pivoted moveable Supply Unit
- Payload reception area with authentic decal markings.

Space Shuttle & Booster Rockets:
-Structured Surfaces
- Detailed Tailplane
- External fuel tank with two solid rocket boosters
- Mobile Launch Pad
- Three fully detailed final stage rocket motors



Authentic NASA decal set:

- Orbiter Atlantis , Enterprise , Discovery , Endeavour before 1988
- Orbiter Atlantis , Discovery and Endeavour after 1988


1/24th scale
The legendary image of the MINI Cooper ultimately evolved from two main events: the ingenious design of this compact car and the racing success of the cult car. The in-house racing division had notched up several rally successes even by the time the MINI was launched. One thousand units of the so-called MINI Cooper S with a more powerful 71 bhp engine were built in order to take part in Group 1 rallies. Paddy Hopkirk entered the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally with a Cooper S carrying the registration 33 EJB. The sensation of 1964 was perfect after five laps: Hopkirk and his co-driver Henry Liddon finished the race as overall winners and this victory became a milestone in the history of rally sport.
- True reproduction of original bodywork with fine surface details
- Separate opening bonnet
- Detailed multi-part four-cylinder engine
- Separate exhaust assembly
- Detailed interior with dashboard, front and rear seats
- Movable wheels
- Various chrome parts, including bumpers, door handles and reflectors
- Rubber-like tyres
- Additional driving lights and additional light on the roof
- Instructions and an authentic decal set for Paddy Hopkirk's Monte Carlo Rally car

1/72nd scale
The BV 222 was the largest flying boat built during the Second World War. It had a Wingspan of 46 meters (150 ft 9ins) and a range of 7000 km (4350 miles).
The Blohm & Voss BV 222 was developed in 1937 as an air-transport flying boat for the German Lufthansa. Non-stop flights between Germany and the US were planned carrying between 16 and 24 passengers at a take-off weight of around 45 tons. With the Second World War starting, the German Luftwaffe took control of the V1 for use as long distance transport aircraft. In mid1942, Maritime Air Transport Squadron 222 was formed and bought V2 to V6 and V8 into service. The aircraft commuted between Athens and the Libyan coast with supplies for the Africa Corps.
By June 1943, three BV 222's had been converted into Reconnaissance Flying-boats fitted with the FuG 200 radar. In September 1943, the 1./SAGr.129 (Maritime Reconnaissance Group 129) in Biscarrosse on the French West Atlantic Coast started regular flights with V2, V4 and V9 to reconnoitre enemy convoys in the Atlantic and guide German U-boats to their position. In June 1944, all BV 222's were moved to Norway where they were captured after the war by British troops.
- Faithfully reproduced surface detailed with recessed panel joints
- Detailed cockpit with moulded instrument panel and seats
- Detailed Radio Op/Navigator cabin with removable ceiling panel
- Detailed interior with partitions
- MG Positions in the rear fuselage
- Rotating MG turrets in the wings
- Detailed outrigger bay in the wings
- A choice of extended or retracted position for the split outriggers
- Detailed wing surfaces with separate control surface push-rods
- 6 detailed BMW Bramo engines
- Rotating propellers
- Open or closed servicing hatches on the engines
- FuG 200 Antennae array
- Rotating MG Turret in the forward fuselage


- Decal Set for 2 versions
- BV 222, V1, S1 , LTS 222-See, Mediterranean Sea, 1942-43
- BV 222, V2, X4+BH , SAGr.130, Norway 1944-45


1/28th scale
Although it entered service relatively late in the First World War, the famous Sopwith Camel was still perceived as the best British fighter aircraft of the War. The Camel was a further development of the Sopwith Pup. It had a more powerful engine and was a little heavier. Compact positioning of the engine, fuel tank, machine guns and cockpit produced excellent manoeuvrability. It was not easy to fly but with 1294 kills was one of the most successful of all allied fighters. Various engines were fitted, the air-cooled Clerget engine had an output of 130 bhp (97 kW), and gave a maximum speed of 188 km/h. It was nicknamed the Camel due to its hump-shaped cowling’s over the two Vickers machine guns.
- Detailed surfaces with cloth texture
- Moving propeller and wheels
- Detailed 9 cylinder radial engine
- Detailed cockpit with seat, pedals, instrument panel and control column
- Ground crew figure
- Two 0.303in. Vickers machine guns
- Cord for tensioning wires
- Detailed decal set for the following two RAF versions
- Sopwith Camel, No. 10 Squadron, Royal Naval Air Service, Teteghem, France, March 1918
- Sopwith Camel, No. 45 Squadron, Royal Flying Corps, Istrana, Italy, early 1918
These new items will be available from Revell’s Distributors worldwide this month - For further information on Revell's releases visit www.revell.de/en or email ukbranch@revell.de