Tuesday, March 3

Revell's March new items are varied and genre-busting...

March’s new items from Revell sees us driving around with a see through rear bonnet, we fly the flag as we haul-ass, we go off-road and onto the sea from the air and under the surface, we even land on the water from the air! Confused? Well you won’t be after you see what Revell has in store this month…

Revell’s March 2015 new items

Marmon Conventional Stars and Stripes
Product specifications
Length 326 mm
Number of parts 317
Product number# 07429
Skill level5
The Marmon Motor Company is based in Denton, Texas. It has been in existence since 1963 and has acquired an excellent reputation amongst American truck manufacturers with its exquisite range of vehicles. Since their trucks were handmade, production numbers where correspondingly low, but they stood out amongst others due to their extraordinary and exquisite quality. Its customers were recruited from truckers who owned and drove their own trucks and looked after their vehicles with associated pride. The last Marmon was constructed in 1997. Marmon were amongst the most popular trucks in America at that period in time. Even today these rare Kings of the Road are highly sought after vehicles.
The trademark Peterbilt was also amongst the custom built trucks that Marmon built and fitted out according to customer requirements. This model kit is based on the Peterbilt 359 that Marmon fitted with a new bonnet and other individual accessories. The Conventional is powered by a Cummins NTC 290 engine that with its 6-cylinders and 14 litre capacity achieves 290 bhp at 2000 rev / min. The power is transmitted via a Fuller RTO 9513 gearbox to the Rockwell double axes. The cabin of the original was made partly from aluminium and partly out of fibre-glass.
- Separate opening engine hood
- Multi-part cabin
- Fully detailed Cummins diesel engine with twin turbochargers
- Steerable front wheels
- Opening doors
- Multi-part sleeping compartment
- The kit contains chains and hoses
- 10 tyres
- Various chrome parts including grill, bumper, fuel tanks, wheel rims, mirrors and exhaust pipes
- Large format decal set with large decorative elements and typical US number plates
Russian WWI Battleship Gangut
Product number#05137
Scale 1:350
Skill level 5
components 432
Completed in 1911 the Gangut was the first battleship in the Imperial Russian Navy. A total of four Gangut class battleships had their keel laid and were completed in Saint Petersburg. The armour protection extended over most of the hull and also the relatively small superstructure. The two central turrets of the main armament could only be deployed laterally. The Gangut class battleships were intended for use on the Baltic Seas and were therefore specially fitted with an ice-breaker bow. The expensive battleships were rarely used during World War I in order not to jeopardize them. They came into the hands of the revolutionaries after the outbreak of the Russian Revolution. All the ships were renamed after the end of the Russian Civil War. The Gangut was renamed Oktjabrskaja Revoljuzija - October Revolution.
- Detailed hull with fittings
- Can optionally be built as a waterline model
- Structured main deck
- Detailed deck superstructures
- 12 x 305 mm L/52 Naval guns
- 16 x 120 mm L/50 Naval Guns
- Detailed Bridge
- Lifeboats
- Two masts
- Authentic drive and ruder units
- Display stand
- Authentic decal set for following version:
- Battleship Gangut, Russian Imperial Navy, 1912

Handley Page Victor K2
Product number #04326
February 2015
Scale 1:72
Level 5
Single components 108
Originally developed to carry nuclear and conventional weapons at subsonic speeds and high altitudes, the Handley Page Victor was part of the RAF V bomber fleet until 1968. For a very long time it was assigned a tanker role with active service in 2 wars. In-flight refuelling played a prominent part in RAF Tornado operations in the Gulf War in 1991. The Victor K Mk 2 tankers were vital for refuelling the Tornadoes and filled the desert air with their swan song. Designed as a strategic bomber to RAF specifications, the prototype first flew in 1952 and went into production for RAF Bomber Command in 1956. With larger and more powerful engines the B2 version was capable of carrying up to 15 tons of nuclear or conventional bombs. From 1965 it was converted to a refuelling tanker. The wing, fuselage and bomb bay tanks have a total capacity of 57,607 kg of fuel. Power plant: four Rolls Royce Conway 201 turbofans each with 9,344 kp thrust. Speed: 1,040 km/h at an altitude of 12,190 m. 6 man crew.

- Structural details on surface
- Cockpit with pilot figures
- Two wing tanks
- Landing gear optionally extended or retracted
- Cockpit door optionally open or closed
- Two refuelling tanks under the wings
- Three refuelling probes
- Rear air brakes optionally extended or retracted
- Separate air brake flaps
- Access ladder
- Authentic decal set for following versions:
- Handley Page Victor K2, No.55 Squadron, Royal Air Force Marham, UK, Operation Desert Storm, 1991
- Handley Page Victor K2, No.57 Squadron, Royal Air Force Marham, 1983

MiG-21 F.13 Fishbed C
Product number #03967
Scale 1:72
Skill level 3
Single components 83
Development of the MiG-21 began in 1953. The aircraft was presented to the world for the first time during an air parade over Moscow in 1961. Its first combat missions were flown against aircraft of the US armed forces over Vietnam in 1966. The F-13 was a day only fair weather interceptor. The pilot was directed to his target via radio from a ground based radar unit. Its main armament was the R-3S air-to-air missile which was similar to the then newly developed American Sidewinder missile. With the total number reaching around 10,800 machines the Mig 21 was by far the most produced fighter aircraft after the end of the Second World War. Even the later Major General and first German Cosmonaut - Sigmund Jähn, flew the F-13 during his military service.
- Finely structured surfaces with recessed panel joints
- Detailed cockpit with distinctive side panels
- Authentic instrument panel
- Detailed ejection seat
- Structured undercarriage bays
- Detailed undercarriage
- Detailed jet engine exhausts
- Air brakes
- 30 mm cannon in the fuselage
- Fuselage fuel tank
- Two UB-16 rocket pods 
- Authentic decal set for following versions:
- Mig-21F, blue 66, 32. Air-Defence-Garde-Regiment, USSR, 1961
- Mig-21F, 737, flown by the first German Kosmonaut Sigmund Jähn, GDR, 1963 – 1965

Product number #03245
February 2015
Skill level5
Single components229
The ZiL-131 is a basic technical design and is known for its reliability and superb off-road capability. The ZiL-131 was widely used in both the Soviet armed forces as well as in former Eastern Bloc countries. It is a four-wheel drive truck with a load carrying capacity of 5 tons which in the basic configuration can carry both troops and military supplies on its cargo floor. It is assumed that about 1 million of these trucks were built. The National People's Army from the GDR also used numerous ZiL-131's. 
Finely detailed and engraved surfaces
- Detailed engine
- Authentic interior
- Detailed chassis and suspension
- Open flatbed
- Intricate additional parts
- Rubber tyres including a spare
- Authentic decal set for following versions:
- NVA (East German Army) 1980
- GSTD/GSSD (Soviet Army) East Germany, 1980
- Russian Army, 2000
- Soviet Army Afghanistan, 1980

British 4x4 Off-Road Vehicle Series III (109 /LWB)
Product number 03246
Scale 1:35
Skill level 4
 Single components 89
The Land Rover was initially produced in 1948. It was extensively tested and shortly thereafter introduced as Series I into the British Army. Series I and Series II vehicles (built from 1958) were gradually superseded by the Series III Land Rover built between 1971 and 1983. The Land Rover was also purchased for use by other armies throughout the world and very quickly acquired a legendary reputation as a robust and reliable vehicle that in addition to a permanent rear wheel drive also possessed a selectable four-wheel drive transmission. In addition to the short 88 inch (2235 mm) wheelbase a long 109 inch (2769 mm) wheelbase model was also available.
- Fully detailed surfaces
- Faithfully reproduced chassis
- Detailed interior fittings
- Vehicle tool set
- Authentic decal set for following versions:
- British Royal Army, CHOSC, Operation Desert Sabre, Kuwait, 1991
- British Royal Army, BAOR, Germany
- Koninklijke Landmacht, Verkenningsbataljon 104, Eesrte Legerkorps, Free Lion 88
- Royal Danish Army, 1986

Off-Shore Oilrig North Cormorant
Product number #08803
Scale 1:200
Single components 615

Product number #07057
Scale 1:24
Skill level 3
Single components 106
A mobile dream. A super sports car that sets new standards. Already a legend. Similar statements can always heard when it comes to the Audi R8. And quite rightly so. Named after the successful Le Mans racing car, the all-wheel drive Audi R8 with its bodywork constructed completely of light metal alloy exudes an impressive appearance. The powerful sound of its high revving V8 engine also plays its part in capturing the enthusiasm shown for the Audi R8. The agile two-seater accelerates in 4.6 seconds to 100 km/h (62 mph) and reaches 300 km/h (186 mph) top speed. This exceptional sports car also offers a wealth of innovative technology, including an electronically adjustable suspension system thanks to magnetic fluids in the damper system.
Faithfully reproduced bodywork with finely structured surface detail
- Detailed interior with authentic instrument panel and textured seats
- Highly detailed, mid-mounted multi-part eight cylinder engine
- Separate exhaust system
- Faithfully reproduced wheel rims
- Opening engine cover
- Detailed suspension
- Rotating wheels
- Detailed, textured chassis
- Chrome wheel rims
- Comprehensive decal set with international registrations (D, NL, F, I, B, GB)

Arado Ar 196B
Product number #04922
Scale 1:32
Skill level 5
Single components 190
The Arado Ar 196 is the German Navy's most famous on-board catapult aircraft of the Second World War. Used initially and in the main as an on-board reconnaissance aircraft, it was also used for submarine hunting and for attacking smaller ships in all European theatres until the end of the War. In February 1938 an Ar 196 V4 carrying the registration D-OVMB and serial number 2592 was trialled as a test aircraft. The aircraft was fitted with a ventral float in which the fuel tank, two smoke dischargers as well as emergency provisions and additional ammunition was carried. The further in-service testing of the Ar 196 B was carried out during 1940-1941. The first Ar 196 A's entered service with the Navy late in 1938. This very robust aircraft proved to be quite outstanding. By 1944 some 530 aircraft had been delivered. The last airworthy Ar 196 A's were still to be seen in service with the Naval Forces of Romania, Bulgaria and the USSR in 1950.
- Finely structured surfaces with recessed panel joints
- Detailed inner steel tube framework
- Detailed cockpit with pilots seat and instrument panel
- Detailed radio operators panel
- Rear MG position with seat and reserve magazines
- Detailed MG 15 on a rotating mount
- Side MG FF
- Separate oil tank
- Wings can be built in a choice of folded or the normal flight position
- Separate ailerons
- Separate flaps
- Individual navigation lights
- Detailed ventral float
- Pod with the stern rudder in 2 positions
- Two side mounted stabilizing floats
- Detailed BMW 132 engine
- Separate inlet and exhaust manifolds
- Separate maintenance panels on the engine and front fuselage
- Cockpit furnishings with hand-grips and levers
- 2 bladed propeller
- Display platform 
- Authentic decal set for following version:
- Arado Ar 196B, V-4, D-OVMB, 1938

These new items will be available from Revell’s Distributors worldwide this month